Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer

Well I have not done much on the order of artwork this summer. But I did build some things.

This is a flat file system I made to store my print editions and paper. The top cabinet is for primarily storing my printmaking supplies. This project was supposed to cost very little as I would be using mostly recycled materials left over from my brothers little house project. The carcass is a mortis and tenon affair, and the mortises blew out with the slightest pressure, I should have known pine was a bad idea. I had to start over again with bought wood this time. The carcass is made of poplar with birch plywood for panels and tops, the drawer pulls are made from pipestone I found in my rock garden. This was supposed to take a month to build but took two, and ended up costing 3oo bucks, 200 more than I was willing to spend.

I also have been helping my brother Justin with his timber frame house. I have dug holes, lifted wood, held things in place, screwed screws, driving a tractor, distracted dogs, fallen off a ladder, and especially gotten to spend a lot of quality time with my Bro, his wife Leah, and my dad which has been wonderful. Please visit his blog on the right side of this page.

And finally I finished making a webpage. I started in May and have been pecking away at it since. I did it all in iWeb which is standard on a Mac, it was very easy to do, I was surprised. I secured the domain name www.chadnelsonartworks.com before I bothered to google "chad nelson art", turns out there is another Chad Nelson artist out there- www.chadnelsonart.com, he is a landscape artist, I'm sure he will not be pleased. When I uploaded my site I asked my mom to got to it and have a look, she said "Since when are you a landscape artist?".........Damit!

No comments:

Post a Comment